Friday, December 26, 2008

We Wish You A Merry Christmas...A Day Late!

I just wanted to wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope you all are staying warm!!! Just when you think we have had enough of this white stuff on the ground, I looked out the window about two hours ago to find it snowing AGAIN - and we aren't just talking small snow flurries - it is flat out snowing LARGE flakes!!! When will it end?

Because of our Christmas schedules with the kids, we decided to do things a little differently this year. Every other year, we either get the kids from the beginning of Winter Break until 1:00 pm Christmas day OR from 1:00 pm Christmas day until the end of Winter Break. This year, we had the kids from the beginning of Winter Break until Christmas Day which meant we had to have Kayla in Lynnwood by 12:30 to get Jim's kids on the 1:00 pm ferry to Port Angeles. So - Grandma and Grandpa Startin came over on Christmas eve and we had our Christmas Dinner followed by a massive present extravaganza (Santa still brought his presents later that night to be opened Christmas day). The kids LOVED getting to open their presents early.

Katlynne and Kelsey both got Digital Cameras
(this was Kelsey's first - she was excited)

My first sewing project was double-sided fleece blankets for the girls:


The evening ended with a Wii Fit Tournament - even Grandma and Grandpa joined in...
Apparently it tuckered Grandpa out!



Christmas morning we all woke up rather early to see what Santa had brought. Kayla got a new baby and stroller as well as a really cool art easle / white board so she can teach her babies and stuffed animals a thing or two (she LOVES to play teacher to her dolls and animals) (and I'm just realizing I didn't even get pictures of Santa's gifts).

The stockings were the biggest hit:


I have a very warm-blooded child who occasionally leads me to believe that we aren't related. She's the only one you would catch in her undies and a tank top in the middle of winter when the snow is falling and it is about 30 degrees outside!!!


She got her very own manicure set!!! Now mom won't have to clip her nails!


All in all Christmas turned out pretty good. After we dropped the kids off at their evening destinations, Jim and I headed down to Bonney Lake where we went and saw "Yes Man" (the latest Jim Carrey movie) with my parents, my Grams, my Aunt Deana and Uncle Dave and their boys. It was a lot of fun. Now - Jim and I are both childless for the next week with no clue what to do with outselves. Good times!

0 comments: