Sunday, December 14, 2008

12 Days of Christmas...

"On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me..."

1 Embarrassing moment: At a softball tournament right before a game was about to start, I had to climb over a really tall fence to get a ball that had gone over. On my way back, another girl started to climb over just as I was at the top and she shook the fence so much that I lost my footing and started to fall. Luckily, my uniform shorts got caught on the top of the fence so my fall wasn't so bad - but I had a HUGE hole in the butt of my shorts so I had to run around in my sliders until one of the softball moms was able to hand sew the hole closed - just in time for the game to start.

2
Best Friends: Lesley and Drew

3
Things I buy regularly: Bread, Milk, and Chicken

4
Places I want to go: Hawaii, Australia, New Zeland, and Paris

5
Goals for the upcoming year: Fit into a size 8/10 wedding dress, complete a 150 mile 2-day bike ride, finish the dental assisting program, move further south, and finish the last couple pre-requisites for hygiene school.

6
Things most people don't know about me: My old friends probably know everything about me but here are a few that some of my newer friends who read this don't know about me: I took piano lessons for 9 years and have played the piano since 1st grade; the sound of people chewing with their mouth open makes me want to jump off a cliff - it annoys me that much; in Junior High I was in the show choir where we sang and danced with short little black skirts and sparkly red sequin shirts; I LOVE to sing and although I may not be the best at it, I still LOVE it and sing every chance I get (especially in the car now that I get to listen to Christmas music); the first time I went to college I switched my major three times - from criminal justice to psychology, to family studies...and have now decided that neither of those was right for me; if I had the time and financial resources available, I would go all the way through Dental School.

7
Things I would never say: Let's leave it as I'll NEVER say them...

8
Things I love about the Christmas Season: Family, Christmas parties, good food, kids on Christmas morning, the spirit of Santa, shopping for my loved ones, decorations, carolers.

9
Things I say to my kids: "This is your only warning", "What are you thinking?", "Excuse me? What was that?", "Dinner Time!", "Turn off the lights!", "Shoes...Shoes", "Good Job!", and "I love you more than the world!".

10
Things I do a lot: study, laundry, cook, drive, work, play, sniffle, rinse and suction, shop, and plan.

11
Things I would rather not live without: Jim, kids, family, food, water, the sun, houses, my brain, comfy socks, hoodies, and fireplaces

12 People I tag: Angie, Jessica, and Lesley

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This is your only warning" - I love it! I'm going to start using that one! lol

T + S said...

I'm glad you had fun with it! My friend Stefany always tags me ;-). I didn't know you played piano, too! And oh my goodness... your embarrassing moment sounds mortifying!

p.s. I think you SHOULD go to dental school. Seriously.