Friday, January 30, 2009

The Latest Broken Bone Update...

I finally set aside some time this afternoon to upload all my pictures from this month onto our computer. Some are from my camera and some are from my phone - but they are here. So I thought I'd put together a little picture timeline of recent events:


Kayla Being Her Dorky Normal Self (Beginning of January 2009):

The Injured Wrist - Pre Dr. Visit (January 15th)

In Pain - Pre Dr. Visit (January 15th)

Knocked Out In ER - Post Wrist Reduction (January 23rd)

Starting To Wake Up - Post Reduction (January 23rd)

What a Trooper! (January 23rd)

Getting Hungry - Waiting For The Orange Popsicle They Promised (January 23rd)

Finally - The Long Awaited Pink Cast! (January 29th)


In other news - Kayla's school randomly has Mark Twain Spirit Day where they pick a theme for that day and the kids are supposed to come to school representing that theme. Today was Crazy Hair Day so we decided to dye Kayla's hair pink and purple using the old-fashioned Kool-Aid method. We put the Kool-Aid paste in her hair last night and she slept with it in. We had to wrap her head in a grocery bag and tape it around her face. It was quite a site to see:


In the morning, her hair looked like this.



Fortunately, it didn't turn out as dark as I had seen in some pictures on the internet. It's just enough to notice it but not enough to look completely tacky. Hopefully it washes out soon. But she was pretty dang excited and her friends all started screaming as I dropped her off at school this morning. Oh to be young once again.....

That's all the news I have for now.....Check back later for more fun and exciting times with the Brown Family.

1 comments:

T + S said...

She looks so excited about her bright pink cast :o). I'm glad she's okay. Did they have to reset it?

Her hair is pretty cute! I remember coloring my hair with washable markers around her age.

I like your countdown. Is Hawaii still a go? I hope so!!