Sunday, October 26, 2008

Why I Love Fall....

~~ Please Click On This Image To Fully Enjoy It ~~

I often hear many people complain about how short Washington Summers are becoming and I must admit that this past year I was one of them. It just seems like there weren't enough hot days to enjoy the Summer months while the kids were out of school this Summer.

However, the past three or four weeks, I have been reminded just how glad I am to say Good-Bye to Summer and Hello to Fall! I absolutely LOVE this time of year and even though I often think about moving to get away from the Washington weather, this time of year brings me back to reality and I am reminded exactly why I LOVE Washington weather.

~~ These Red Trees Are Right Outside Kayla's School ~~

I am dedicating this post to all the reasons I LOVE the Fall in the Great Northwest.

1. Staying snuggled up in bed on the weekends

2. Wood fires in the fireplace


3. Hot chocolate and popcorn

4. Walking down the street and seeing leaves fall from the trees


5. Breathing in the cold air


6. Umbrellas and Rain Boots

7. A rainbow of leaves on the trees


8. The smell of rain

9. Blue skies, sunshine, and kids at the park


10. Slippers and bathrobes


11. Pumpkins and Halloween


12. Baking pies


13. Turkey and stuffing


14. Flannel Pajamas


15. Living Room camp outs

16. Pumpkin Patches and Corn Mazes


17. Game and Movie Nights


18. Pumpkin spice scented candles (and all candles in general)


19. Seeing my breath outside


20. Sugar cookies


The most important reason why I enjoy this time of year is because it marks the beginning of many holiday celebrations with my family. I get so excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years because I have such a great family and I LOVE spending the holidays with them.

~~ Gorgeous Tree at the Park ~~

~~ Massive Tree in my Parents' Backyard - Where Our Tree House Once Stood ~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fall too! The trees are so gorgeous and the holidays are right around the corner.

T + S said...

Those trees are gorgeous! That is one of the best parts of WA Autumn, the maple trees are so colorful. I agree with you about so many parts of your list :) The summer here this year was dull, but we were in school for most of it anyway! It is definitely time to break-out the pumpkin pie candles and hot chocolate!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your so-far sunny Autumn! Your blogs are so much fun to read, Amy ;)

Jessica said...

I agree with everything you said. Fall is my favorite season. There are so many fun things to do!